Play and Have Fun Responsibly
Playing online is for most of us what it should be, casual entertainment. However, as with most forms of excitement, for a small minority, to play online casino can be a problem that in some cases can cause significant consequences.
The broader base of all our online players will never have a problem and truly enjoy it. However we want everyone to be informed and aware. To play responsibly is not limited to only those with a gambling issue or the most susceptible to an issue. The safest way is for everyone to always have responsible gaming on top of mind when playing for real money.
Trust and safety is in our core focus at Casinomarket.com and we are dedicated to partner up with casino operators who support Responsible Gaming requirements and offer tools for the players to limit and self-exclude themselves, as well as are able to advice and direct the players who ask for help to the local or global help services for responsible gaming.
Responsible Gaming Requirements
The regulatory authorities have many license requirements on the casino operators and game developers, requirements include but are not limited to:
- Casino operators and often game providers need to have implemented ‘Reality checks’ – to provide regular updates on how long you play in one session and what your net result for that period is.
- Deposit limits – You can set and select your own deposit limits for periods of time between from daily, weekly to monthly. You can decrease, increase and remove these limits, however with some restrictions. Sometimes you need customer support, who can manually change your limit, and sometime you are on a ‘cool-off’ period until a limit is effectively updated, “cool-offs” are only applied when you ask to increase, to give you a second chance to reconsider.
- Transaction History – Enables you to view a record of all your game activity; the history of your transactions, deposits and withdrawals.
- Self-exclusion – Provides you with the option to completely self-exclude and fully restrict your access to the site, Self-exclusion can be applied for anything from a few months to lifetime. Minimum self-exclusion period varies between license regimes, so ensure to check the selected options at your casino.
- Do you gamble alone on your computer/mobile device for long time periods, affecting your work responsibilities and/or other commitments?
- Have you needed to increase the amount of your game round stakes more to get the same excitement you used to when you first started?
- Do you have mood swings, feel irritated and agitated when you can’t play?
- Do you feel that you gamble to escape other issues or problems in your life?
- Have you ever claimed to be winning from gambling when on the contrary, you are losing?
- Have you tried, in the past, to reduce either the time or money that you spend on gambling and been unsuccessful in your efforts?
- Have you ever been tempted to commit an act of dishonesty to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever gone back online to gamble, on another day, to win back your losses?
- Have you ever hidden your gambling from people who are important to you in your life?
- Have you borrowed money, from any source, that you have been unable to pay back because of your gambling or are you otherwise in debt as a result of gambling?
- Have you ever sold any possessions to obtain money to gamble or pay gambling debts?
- Do you find yourself breaking promises, to family and friends, so that you can gamble instead?
Responsible Gaming Services
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then it may be time for you to control your gambling. Using the information and tools provided by the casino room’s, we have listed a few of the known responsible gaming services but we are not qualified to advise on such a sensitive matter, we therefore recommend you to not hesitate and seek help from the professionals.
Gambling Therapy: www.gamblingtherapy.org
Global with local country help lines and meetings
Gamblers Anonymous: http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/addresses